The nearly 30,000 associates of Kohler are an active, compassionate, ethical and diverse group. When a department or project team is looking to build teamwork, they’ll often organize and participate in a community volunteer effort. So, while building collaboration and understanding with each other, they’re also making an impact in the communities in which they live and work.
Watch our video.
Here are just a few examples of Kohler associates in action:
- Kohler Mira associates in the U.K. sent teams to clear out an overgrown neighborhood lot to create a garden and outdoor play space for a new youth center in Cheltenham, England.
- Kohler associates around the globe started collection drives and provided financial support and shelter to help colleagues in China who lost their homes to the Sichuan earthquake. They took similar action to benefit Kohler Engine associates in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the area.
- Kohler India associates recognized World Environment Day by planting 9,000 trees throughout the grounds of their new pottery plant in Jhagadia.
- Kohler associates regularly organize different “associates give back” collection programs that provide school supplies, winter clothing, and food to families in need.
- The success of Kohler Co. is largely due to the integrity of our 30,000 associates worldwide. Every Kohler Co. associate shares the responsibility of knowing and accepting the principles of integrity and ethical behavior -- on the job, with each other, with our customers and vendors, and in our communities. Our corporate ethics policy clearly explains Kohler Co.’s position when it comes to appropriate and ethical behavior. We are obligated to understand the basic principles and the specific policies that govern company operations. No one is exempt from practicing these principles.
- The Company gives careful attention to maintaining a workplace devoted to continuous learning and inclusion. Kohler associates have access to a myriad of professional development opportunities and resources to help fulfill their career interests and aspirations. In addition, many Kohler associates take advantage of rotational assignments, international projects, multidisciplinary assignments, and mentoring/coaching options as they look to expand their learning and performance.
- In attracting and selecting diverse and global talent, Kohler is also committed to helping its associates create respectful workplaces and develop cultural understanding.